After many years in the dental field, I still enjoy seeing all the smiles on my patients’ faces when they finally achieve an ideal state of oral health. I consider it an honor that patients come to me for their care, and feel blessed to have the opportunity to send so many wonderful, healthy smiles out into the world.
My practice philosophy has always been to maintain healthy teeth and gums with the most effective and conservative treatments. I have treated many cases, and helped all my patients to achieve their dental goals and keep their natural teeth for a lifetime.
I feel that I bring a unique energy to my work. As a lieutenant commander in the Navy during the years of Desert Shield and Desert Storm, I received the Navy Achievement Medal and an Expert Pistol Medal, and earned the nickname of “The Beast.” I am a “straight shooter”: I aim at the critical issues that my dental patients face.
Education and Continuing Education
- Seattle University – Bachelor of Science in biology, cum laude, 1985
- University of Washington School of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Surgery, with honors, 1989
- Guthrie Award
- Operative Dentistry Award
- Pediatric Dentistry Award
- Women in Dentistry Award
- Governance and Service Award
- University of Phoenix – Online Masters program in business, 2005
By regularly participating in continuing education, I am able to stay current on the latest technology and dental treatments. My patients deserve the best, and continuing education allows me to provide my patients with more options and better results.
My continuing education also benefits the next generation of dental professionals. I have taught microbiology laboratory courses for nursing students at Seattle University, and was a clinical affiliate instructor at the University of Washington School of Dentistry. As an internationally known author and lecturer, and CEO of Savage Success, an international dental training and consulting firm, I lecture and publish on women’s health issues, leadership, and business management.
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American College of Dentistry
- International College of Dentists, fellow
- Washington State Dental Association, past president and board member
- Pierce County Dental Society, past president and board member
- Pierre Fauchard Academy, fellow
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Academy of Clinical Sleep Disorders and Disciplines
- Academy of Facial Esthetics, fellow
In The Community
I am truly blessed to live and work in the wonderful community of Gig Harbor. I believe that it is my job to give back to the community. From a professional standpoint, I volunteer for various dental society functions, I’ve been on and was the board of directors of the Washington Oral Health Foundation, the chair of the steering committee of the Puyallup Partnership for Improved Dental Health. I’ve served on the editorial board for the WSDA News. Personally, I’ve volunteered as a zoo dentist at the Point Defiance Zoo and have served on the board of directors. I’ve also sponsored many Gig Harbor Little League.
Outside The Office
My husband, James O’Neal Stephens, is a wonderful electrical engineer, and our daughter Kaitlyn is a retired professional international soccer goalkeeper. Our sons and their families live in the Gig Harbor area, including 3 amazing grandchildren! In my free time, I enjoy boating, gardening, reading, and travel. I also have the opportunity to be a professional speaker and consultant in the dental industry, presenting at all of the major meetings annually.