Laser dentistry therapy can help to make dental treatments more comfortable for patients. A laser produces a highly precise narrow beam of energy that can shape and remove tissue, helping you to create a beautiful smile.
Other common uses for lasers include:
- Minimizing the discomfort caused by canker and cold sores
- Revealing wisdom teeth that are partially erupted
- Getting rid of inflamed gum tissues and treating gum disease
- Expediting the tooth whitening process
- Getting rid of muscle attachments that are limiting your movement
Laser therapy dental treatment offers a number of benefits, including:
- Creating a more relaxing dental experience, since a drill or local anesthesia may not have to be used
- Reducing symptoms and speeding up the healing process
- Cutting the amount of bacteria in tooth cavities and diseased gum tissues
- Minimizing bleeding that can occur during surgery
Laser dentistry can help to reshape gum tissues, improve muscle attachment function, and gum surgery. It can also help to remove benign oral tumors, whiten teeth, and treat TMD.
Laser dentistry is as safe as other dental treatments; however, you will be asked to wear special sunglasses to protect your eyes from the laser during the procedure. To find our more information about laser dentistry, contact us at Uptown Dental Gig Harbor today.